East Europe Foundation, as part of the USAID/UK aid Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS) project, announces a competition for the position of Program Manager of the Digital Projects Portfolio Management Office of the Ministry of Communities, Territories and Infrastructure of Ukraine.
The aim of the project
The Digital Project Management Office (hereinafter referred to as the Office) will build an organizational structure that performs various functions of centralized, coordinated and standardized management of the portfolio of projects under the responsibility of the Ministry of Communities, Territories and Infrastructure (hereinafter referred to as the Ministry), ensure the exchange of resources, methodologies, techniques, technologies and implement best practices of digital transformation projects at the state level.
The main strategic goals of the Office:
- Identification and categorization of projects, development of Project Programs;
- Evaluation, selection and prioritization of projects;
- Balancing the Project Portfolio;
- Developing the architecture of industry platforms for organizing state registries/systems in accordance with the current legislation and the needs of the organization;
- Implementation of unified digital standards for data exchange in sectoral areas of work;
- Implementation of unified organizational approaches to ordering, creating and implementing information systems and registers to prevent legal inconsistencies with data owners;
- Implementation of a data-driven approach to management decision-making and policy-making for the implementation of digital government projects/programs;
- Incorporating modern global practices and requirements for personal data protection into the strategy for the development of information platforms.
Main operational tasks of the Office:
- Developing, implementing and improving standards and guidelines for managing the Project Portfolio/Project Programs/individual projects;
- Ongoing maintenance and support of digital projects/Project Programs and project teams;
- Collecting management information;
- Monitoring, coordination and reporting on projects/programs.
Position title: Program Manager of the Digital Project Portfolio Management Office of the Ministry of Communities, Territories and Infrastructure of Ukraine
Position (function) description:
- Support and implement the strategic project implementation plan;
- Monitor the progress of interrelated projects aimed at the development of the office;
- Ensure full transparency of the project portfolio for all participants and stakeholders;
- Manage a team of project managers in the areas of the Office’s work.
Scope of work and responsibilities of the Office Program Manager:
- Risk assessment and building roadmaps for the implementation of the project strategy;
- Advising project team managers, assisting with the formation and development of project teams;
- Maintaining a register of projects and programs, developing project initiatives (idea bank);
- Preparation of summary reports on project management;
- Formation of project implementation plan, mechanisms for monitoring project implementation;
- Change management during the implementation of the project portfolio;
- Managing risks and interdependencies during project portfolio implementation;
- Maintaining an IT team culture focused on transparency, speed, initiative, efficiency, customer focus, and results.
Qualification requirements for the Program Manager of the Office:
- Master’s degree (technical/management specialty);
- Experience in implementing government digital transformation projects;
- Experience in working with distributed teams;
- Experience in managing relationships/expectations with key project stakeholders;
- Experience of interaction with partner organizations.
Desired skills and work experience:
- Experience in software development (more than 5 years);
- Experience in strategic project portfolio management (12-15 projects);
- Knowledge of PMI PMBOK project implementation methodology;
- Knowledge of Agile, Waterfall project management methodologies;
- Knowledge of MS Project;
- Knowledge of Atlassian task planning and control tools;
- English language skills at B1-B2 level will be an advantage.
Duration of work: up to 6 (six) months
Employment – mostly offline. Please note that preference is given to candidates who will be able to work in Kyiv and attend offline meetings, etc.
Applications (resume with relevant work experience and skills, direct contact details and desired salary level) should be sent by 18:00 on April 27, 2023, to the address: email@example.com with a note «Program Manager_Office_MiU»
Contact information: Yulia Zaplavna, Project Manager, East Europe Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org