East Europe Foundation, within the framework of the USAID/UK Aid Project Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS), announces a competition for a post of IT implementation specialist in the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property.
The program’s purpose is to develop and implement stages of the geographic information system of the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property, including a user’s online account and public electronic portal. The second stage’s planned objectives are improving existing functionality and introducing new system components.
Developing the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property is crucial to build capacity in collecting, accumulating, accounting for, processing, storing and protecting information documents detailing damaged and destroyed real estate and the persons whose real estate is damaged or destroyed. Additional information is specified in the Procedure for Submitting Information Reports on Damaged and Destroyed Real Estate as a Result of Hostilities, Terrorist Acts and Sabotage Caused by the Russian Military Aggression.
Developers will ensure system ability to uniformly collect, process and store information on damaged and destroyed property in a single format and a single state database. Automation shall minimize the human factor across all business processes and is expected to have a significant anti-corruption impact.
Position title: IT Implementation Specialist in the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property
- Provide support to users and administrators of the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property at the second and subsequent stages of the system implementation;
- Maintain regular communication with the users of the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property (e-mail, phone, chatbot);
- Hold regular meetings (online calls) with stakeholders to clarify user requirements for information systems and communicate with information system developers;
- Develop training materials, instructions and manuals for system users;
- Conduct training sessions on the system use for all stakeholders in the process of taking records on destroyed property and reconstruction (system users).
Job Scope and Responsibilities:
- Hold regular meetings (online calls) with stakeholders taking part in the process to record and assess losses, provide compensation, clarify user requirements for the information system (the second stage of the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property implementation) and communicate with the information system developers.
- Create lists of bugs, suggestions and user requirements, and maintain relevant documentation;
- Maintain an incident log consistently;
- Advise users and system administrators via e-mail, phone, chatbot;
- Prepare answers to frequently asked questions to upload them to the FAQ section on the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property web portal;
- Prepare training materials, instructions and manuals for system users;
- Conduct training sessions for all system users;
- Participate in drawing up the testing documentation;
- Participate in manual testing of the information system and conduct bug tracking;
- Communicate with all stakeholders involved in the project implementation, including government agencies and developers.
- University or post-secondary degree in IT or engineering (or related field);
- At least one year of work experience in technical customer support and software testing;
- Confident user of DBMS, particularly PostgreSQL;
- Understanding the software development and testing processes;
- Understanding the software design, development and implementation;
- Experience in developing and presenting training materials for users;
- Experience in conducting trainings and workshops for IT product users;
- Ability to structure information system components and identify possible software solutions.
Desired Skills and Work Experience:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Experience in communication and user/client interaction;
- Social skills and ability to work in a team;
- Ability to train untrained users;
- Willingness to learn new technologies and products;
- Experience in implementing and using software products, especially in the construction industry, will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of English will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of legislation in the field of administrative services will be an advantage.
Duration of work: 9 months.
Employment: offline and online. Please note that preference is given to candidates who can work in Kyiv and attend offline meetings, etc. To apply, send your application (CV with relevant work experience, skills, personal contact information and desired compensation) before 18:00 on July 21, 2023 to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org with a note “Implementation Specialist_RDDP System”.
Yuliia Zaplavna, Project Manager, East Europe Foundation