East Europe Foundation, within the framework of the USAID/UK Aid Project Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS), announces a competition for a post of senior project manager to supervise the Electronic Border Crossing Queue Project (eQueue).
In December 2022, the Ministry of Communities, Territories and Infrastructure Development of Ukraine, together with the State Service for Transport Safety, launched an electronic border crossing queue for trucks – eQueue (Android https://bit.ly/3pBBDhD, iOS https://apple.co/41EZHxg) – at the Yahodyn-Dorohusk international border crossing point.
In May 2023, the system for online booking of border crossing points by freight carriers was extended to include 15 more international border crossing points with the EU and Moldova.
Using this newly created service, drivers can book a place in the queue to cross the border and check the progress of the queue online. The system automatically sends a message to the driver indicating the estimated time of border crossing. This allows the queue to be well managed as drivers can now arrive at the checkpoint at the specified time instead of waiting on the roadside for several days. In addition to it, it helps to reduce the cost of cargo transportation.
The service increases the transparency of border crossing and reduces corruption risks, as it minimizes the human factor impact and eliminates various abuses that might occur due to congestion at checkpoints.
Position title: Senior Project Manager to Supervise the Electronic Border Crossing Queue project.
Job Scope and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of the project concept and implementation plans;
- Hold regular meetings with stakeholders to clarify information system requirements;
- Coordinate the work of experts and the project development team;
- Determine project priorities, KPIs, and set tasks for the team;
- Participate in the preparation of technical requirements for the search for software development contractors;
- Coordinate all stages of software development (SDLC) using Scrum / Kanban / XP;
- Document the functionality of the information system, as well as coordinate the creation of digital services and services for the public and business;
- Monitor all stages of software development and prepare relevant reports at the request of the customer, participate in the preparation and review of technical documentation;
- Communicate with all stakeholders involved in project implementation, including representatives of government agencies and developers;
- Coordinate project partners and contractors;
- Maintain project documentation in Confluence / Jira / Notion ;
- Perform other tasks as required.
- More than three (3) years of software development project management experience;
- Understanding IT development project management and skills in using Agile development methods such as Scrum, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, and others;
- Experience in developing electronic services for the public and business, understanding interoperability in solutions and development technologies.
- Understanding the software design and development process, formulation of high-level technical requirements for a software product;
- Ability to structure elements of information systems and identify technologies and possible software solutions;
- Experience in writing technical specifications, requirements, and specifications for IT projects.
Desired Skills and Work Experience:
- More than two (2) years of experience with Jira and Confluence;
- Experience in communication with government agencies (clarifying requirements, making presentations);
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Command of English will be an advantage;
- Experience with geographic information systems will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of urban planning legislation will be an advantage.
Work duration: nine months.
Employment: offline and online. Please note that preference is given to candidates who can work in Kyiv and attend offline meetings, etc.
To apply, send your application (CV with relevant work experience, skills, personal contact information and desired remuneration) before 18:00 on July 21, 2023 to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with a note “Senior PM_eQueue”.
Yuliia Zaplavna, Project Manager, East Europe Foundation