East Europe Foundation, within the framework of the USAID/UK aid Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS) project, announces a competition for the position of Product Owner for the project on the development and implementation of the Urban Planning Cadastre at the state level.
The integrated information system “Geoinformation system Urban Planning Cadastre of the State Level” (hereinafter referred to as GIS UPCS) is a state system for storing and using geospatial data on the unified digital topographic base of the country, planning and cartographic base, state border, boundaries of administrative and territorial units (provided from the state land cadastre), the General Scheme of Planning of the Territory of Ukraine, planning schemes for certain parts of the territory of Ukraine, results of monitoring the development of master plans of settlements (based on data from regional-level urban planning cadastres), urban planning documentation, legal and regulatory acts on urban planning, and other information resources of sectoral cadastres and information systems.
The development of the GIS UPCS is crucial for the reform of the construction sector aimed at full automation of urban planning and construction processes. The introduction of this system will minimize the human factor in most processes and, first of all, in the provision of construction services to citizens and businesses and is expected to have a significant anti-corruption impact. The state will also receive a tool to monitor the implementation of urban planning policy and support the adoption of operational management decisions, as well as to take into account state and regional interests in territory planning.
Description of the expert’s functions:
- Coordinate the development of technical requirements for the GIS UPCS.
- Coordinate the development of the design solution for the GIS UPCS (business process logic, database design).
- Coordinate work with the project team that will develop the GIS UPCS and experts in the field of urban planning and construction.
- Provide support to the developers in the process of deploying the preliminary design of the GIS UPCS, testing it and making changes as necessary.
- Provide support in the development of regulations in the field of urban planning.
- Maintain project documentation in Confluence/Jira.
- Conduct regular meetings with stakeholders to clarify requirements for the integrated information system and make regular presentations to demonstrate the completed stages of the project.
Scope of work and responsibilities of the expert:
- Participate in the development of the project concept and implementation plans.
- Conduct regular meetings with stakeholders to clarify the requirements for the GIS UPCS.
- Participate in the development of technical requirements for the GIS UPCS.
- Coordinate the processes of integration and information interaction of the GIS UPCS with other information systems.
- Coordinate all stages of software development (SDLC) using Scrum / Kanban / XP approaches and methodologies, etc.
- Document the functionality of the integrated information system.
- Monitor all stages of software development and prepare relevant reports as requested by the customer.
- Communicate with all stakeholders involved in the project implementation, including representatives of government agencies, developers, etc.
- Coordinate project partners and contractors.
- More than three (3) years of software development project management experience.
- Understanding and skills in IT development project management using Agile approaches such as Scrum, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc.
- Experience in developing electronic services for the public and business, understanding of interoperability, data protection, cybersecurity, etc.
- Understanding of the software design and development process, formulation of high-level technical requirements for a software product.
- Ability to structure elements of information systems and identify technologies and possible software solutions.
- Experience in writing technical tasks, requirements and specifications for IT projects.
Desired skills and experience:
- More than two (2) years of experience with Jira and Confluence.
- Experience in communications with government agencies (clarifying requirements, making presentations).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of English will be an advantage.
- Experience with geographic information systems will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of urban planning legislation will be an advantage.
Applications (CV with relevant work experience and skills, direct contact details) should be sent by 23:00 on June 25, 2023 to the address: email@example.com with a note “Cadaster Product Owner”.
Yuliia Zaplavna, Project Manager, East Europe Foundation