East Europe Foundation, within the framework of the USAID/UK Aid Project Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS), announces a competition for a post of Project Coordinator of the Digital Project Portfolio Management Office of the Ministry of Communities, Territories and Infrastructure Development of Ukraine.
The Digital Project Portfolio Management Office (hereinafter referred to as the Office) will build an organizational structure to manage, coordinate and standardize the project portfolio under responsibility of the Ministry of Communities, Territories and Infrastructure Development of Ukraine (hereinafter referred to as the Ministry of Reconstruction); to ensure the exchange of resources, methodologies, technologies and to implement best practices in the digital transformation project management at the state level.
Key Strategic Objectives of the Office:
- Identify and categorize projects; develop project programs;
- Evaluate, select and prioritize projects;
- Balance the Project Portfolio;
- Develop the architecture of sectoral platforms to organize the state registries/systems to address the current needs pursuant to the applicable legislation;
- Introduce unified digital standards for data exchange across sectors;
- Ensure unified organizational approaches to ordering, creating and implementing information systems and registers to prevent legal inconsistencies with data owners;
- Implement a data-driven approach in decision-making and policy-making in order to put into practice digital government projects / project programs;
- Incorporate best world practices and requirements for personal data protection into the information platform development strategy.
Key Operational Tasks of the Office:
- Develop, implement, and improve standards and guidelines for managing the Project Portfolio/Project Programs/individual projects;
- Ongoing supervision and support of digital projects/Project Programs and project teams;
- Collect management information;
- Monitor, coordinate, and report on projects/Project Programs.
Position title: Project Coordinator of the Digital Project Portfolio Management Office of the Ministry of Communities, Territories and Infrastructure Development of Ukraine.
Job Scope and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of project concepts and implementation plans;
- Hold regular meetings with stakeholders to clarify information system requirements;
- Coordinate the work of experts and the development team working on each individual project;
- Define and monitor the project priorities and KPIs;
- Coordinate the project implementation, collect statistics on individual projects, and prepare reports on a regular basis;
- Participate in project documentation/terms of reference development and coordination with stakeholders;
- Monitor software development stages using Scrum / Kanban / XP;
- Document the information system functionality, as well as coordinate the creation of digital services and services for the public and business companies;
- Monitor all stages of software development and prepare relevant reports at the request of the customer; participate in the preparation and review of technical documentation;
- Communicate with all stakeholders involved in project implementation, including representatives of government agencies and developers;
- Maintain project documentation in Confluence / Jira / Notion;
- Perform other tasks as required.
- More than two (2) years of experience in coordinating software development projects;
- Understanding IT development project management and relevant skills using Agile development methods such as Scrum, Kanban, and others;
- Practical experience in developing program and technical documentation and document management;
- Experience in developing electronic services for the public and business companies; understanding interoperability in solutions and development technologies will be an advantage;
- Understanding the software design and development process; formulation of high-level technical requirements for a software product;
- Ability to structure information system components and identify technologies and possible software solutions;
- Experience in writing technical specifications, requirements, and specifications for IT projects.
Desired Skills and Work experience:
- More than two years of experience with Jira and Confluence;
- Experience in communication with government agencies (clarifying requirements, making presentations);
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to establish cooperation with various stakeholders;
- Calm attitude to multitasking, flexibility in processes;
- Attention to detail, responsibility, proactivity;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
- Experience with geographic information systems will be an advantage.
Work duration: nine months.
Employment: offline and online. Please note that preference is given to candidates who can work in Kyiv and attend in-person meetings.
To apply, send your application (CV with relevant work experience, skills, personal contact information and desired compensation) before 18:00 on July 21, 2023 to the email address: email@example.com with a note “Project Coordinator_MiU Office”.
Yuliia Zaplavna, Project Manager, East Europe Foundation