East Europe Foundation, as part of the USAID/UK aid Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS) project, announces a competition for the position of Head of the Digital Project Portfolio Management Office of the Ministry of Communities, Territories and Infrastructure of Ukraine.
The aim of the project
The Digital Project Management Office (hereinafter referred to as the Office) will build an organizational structure that performs various functions of centralized, coordinated and standardized management of the portfolio of projects under the responsibility of the Ministry of Communities, Territories and Infrastructure of Ukraine (hereinafter referred to as the Ministry), ensure the exchange of resources, methodologies, techniques, technologies and implement best practices of digital transformation projects at the state level.
The main strategic goals of the Office:
- Identification and categorization of projects, development of Project Programs;
- Evaluation, selection and prioritization of projects;
- Balancing the Project Portfolio;
- Developing the architecture of industry platforms for organizing state registries/systems in accordance with the current legislation and the needs of the organization;
- Implementation of unified digital standards for data exchange in sectoral areas of work;
- Implementation of unified organizational approaches to ordering, creating and implementing information systems and registers to prevent legal inconsistencies with data owners;
- Implementation of a data-driven approach to management decision-making and policy-making for the implementation of digital government projects/programs;
- Incorporating modern global practices and requirements for personal data protection into the strategy for the development of information platforms.
Main operational tasks of the Office:
- Developing, implementing and improving standards and guidelines for managing the Project Portfolio/Project Programs/individual projects;
- Ongoing maintenance and support of digital projects/Project Programs and project teams;
- Collecting management information;
- Monitoring, coordination and reporting on projects/programs.
Position title: Head of the Digital Project Portfolio Management Office of the Ministry of Communities, Territories and Infrastructure of Ukraine.
Position description (function):
- Build and maintain the structure of the Digital Portfolio Management Office;
- Interact with the Ministry leadership to define and set strategic goals and objectives for sectoral digital transformation programs;
- Manage the Project Portfolio: ensure the optimal composition and balance of projects/programs in the organization’s Portfolio, as well as their prioritization and resource provision;
- Manage internal and external (contractor organizations) teams for the implementation of the Project Portfolio;
- Form and develop project teams;
- Improve management processes to increase the efficiency of project teams and contractors;
- Inform the management about the status of the Project Portfolio, provide comprehensive information on the progress of the Project Programs and individual projects.
Scope of work and responsibilities of the Head of the Office:
- Development of strategies and individual projects/Programs of digital transformation, digitalization and digital development projects in the areas of the Ministry;
- Application of a unified methodology for identifying priority projects, unified principles for combining projects into Programs;
- Coordination of management at the level of the Project Portfolio, Project Programs and individual projects;
- Participation in the development and approval of the basic principles and KPIs for each project/Project Program in order to achieve the strategic goals of the Project Portfolio;
- Coordination of the process of preparation and facilitation of management decisions related to the implementation of projects/Project Programs;
- Synchronization of cross-sectoral or cross-functional projects/Project Program and individual digital products;
- Involvement and interaction with partner programs;
- Controlling the use of resources for the development of the Project Portfolio;
- Creating a culture of the IT team focused on transparency, speed, initiative, efficiency, customer focus and results;
- Ensuring the development of communication strategies for the Office’s industry areas.
Qualification requirements for the Head of the Office:
- University degree in science, engineering or business administration;
- Understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects of implementing state policy in the field of administrative services;
- Experience in managing a portfolio of digital transformation/digitalization projects;
- Experience in reforming a specific sector in Ukraine;
- Experience in achieving concrete results in the development of regulations, strategies, action plans at the national and regional levels.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience in developing electronic services for citizens and businesses, understanding of technologies such as interoperable solutions, etc;
- Specialized knowledge in the areas of responsibility of the Ministry of Territorial, Community and Infrastructure Development and the Ministry of Digital Transformation;
- Understanding of the software design and development process, formulation of high-level technical requirements for a software product;
- Orientation in basic state registers, systems and cadastres;
- Knowledge of English will be an advantage.
Duration of work: up to 6 (six) months
Employment – mostly offline. Please note that preference is given to candidates who will be able to work in Kyiv and attend offline meetings, etc.
Applications (resume with relevant work experience and skills, direct contact details and desired salary level) should be sent by 18:00 on April 27, 2023, to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org with a note “Head of the Office_MiU“.
Contact information: Yulia Zaplavna, Project Manager, East Europe Foundation, email@example.com