East Europe Foundation, within the framework of the USAID/UK Aid Project Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS), announces a competition for a post of Information and Technical Advisory Support Expert to implement the Information System “Online Service to Promulgate Titles Awarded in Sports Officially Recognized in Ukraine” (hereinafter – Sport Title Register).
The key objectives of the Information System “Online Service to Promulgate Titles Awarded in Sports Officially Recognized in Ukraine” are to automate the process of awarding sport titles and to ensure transparency and publicity of this process to eliminate corruption risks. The Ministry of Youth and Sports (hereinafter – the Ministry) is piloting the Information System (IS) before it is fully deployed.
This process requires expert support services: information and technical advisory support for the Sport Title Register users and the Ministry staff.
Expected duration of expert support services: up to nine (9) months.
Work format: hybrid (online and offline).
Scope of Work and Responsibilities:
- Information and advisory support to the Sport Title Register users at all levels (staff of sports organizations, including athletes, coaches, and other professionals; staff of the Ministry and regional units dealing with physical culture and sports within the regional state administrations; and the Invasport Ukrainian Center).
- Technical support (maintenance) and administration of the ESFR, including technical advisory support to users at all levels.
- Verification (moderation) of applicants.
- Management of the information and communication system directories.
- Regular testing of the Sport Title Register to identify errors, deficiencies, and inconsistencies; drawing up the correction requests; sending the test reports and correction requests to the IS owner (the Ministry).
- General coordination of all roles represented in the Sport Title Register (in particular, making sure the user information is processed and stored appropriately within the Sport Title Register database).
- Develop proposals to improve the Guidelines on Use of the Sport Title Register (text guidelines and video tutorials).
- Collect and review user feedback and suggestions to sum up the user experience of working with the Sport Title Register.
- Develop proposals to improvebusiness processes and operations of the Sport Title Register and to bring the Register up to date (portal, personal account, submission and processing of applications, administration, etc.):
– develop technical specification to bring the Sport Title Register up to date;
– provide support to the work to update the Register and accept the results of this work.
- Monitoring the performance indicators of the Sport Title Register.
- Coordination of the work of the expert group on the Sport Title Register implementation:
– review the current approach to working with applications to award sport titles; develop proposals to bring it up to date;
– develop legal framework to ensure the proper functioning of the Sport Title Register.
- Post information on the Sport Title Register portal (tutorials, news, notices, other materials).
- Review the requirements for the Sport Title Register integration with other systems (Unified State Demographic Register; Unified State Electronic Database on Education; State Register of Compulsory State Social Insurance).
- Ensure interaction with authorized individuals from regionals units dealing with physical culture and sports at the regional state administrations and representatives of sports organizations related to the operations of the Sport Title Register.
- Conduct consultations (training events) related to the operations of the Sport Title Register.
- Continuous monitoring of the national regulatory framework that has an impact on the work of the Sport Title Register.
- Prepare user agreements and other related documentation.
- Perform other tasks related to the implementation of the Sport Title Register and within the scope of competence at the request of the IS (Information System) owner.
- Perform work independently in the field of information.
- Contribute to drafting programs, plans and other documents to facilitate information activities in the implementation of the Sport Title Register.
- Administering, supporting and maintaining automated information systems and web services at the state level;
- Drawing up technical and regulatory documentation;
- Working with state authorities and local self-government bodies to ensure quality communication, advisory support and other information services;
- Experience in physical culture and sports.
To apply, send your application (CV with relevant work experience, skills, and personal contact information) before 23:00 on August 28, 2023 to the email address: ATkachenko@eef.org.ua with a note “Expert_Sport Title Register”.
Anna Tkachenko, East Europe Foundation