East Europe Foundation, as part of the USAID/UK aid Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS) project, announces a competition for a Business Analyst for the project to implement the Register of Destroyed/Damaged Property.
The aim of the project is to develop and implement the second and subsequent stages of the geographic information system of the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property (including the user’s electronic cabinet and public electronic portal). This stage is aimed at deploying additional functionalities of the system. The planned objectives of the second stage, covered by this project, are to improve the existing functionalities and introduce new components of the System.
The development of the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property is crucial for collecting, accumulating, recording, processing, storing and protecting information (documents) on damaged and destroyed real estate, spatial coordinates of objects, persons whose real estate is damaged or destroyed, damage and losses incurred as a result of damage to such property, and other information specified in the Procedure for Submitting Information Reports on Damaged and Destroyed Real Estate as a Result of Hostilities, Terrorist Acts, and Sabotage Caused by Military Aggression of the Russian Federation.
The introduction of this System will standardize the processes of collecting, processing and storing information on damaged and destroyed property in a single format and a single-state database. Automation minimizes the human factor in most processes and is expected to have a significant anti-corruption impact.
Position title: Business Analyst for the project on implementation of the Register of destroyed/damaged property
Description of the position of the specialist (functions):
- analyze the existing business processes for recording the facts of damaged/destroyed property and documenting them, and analyze current changes;
- together with other experts, develop a design solution for the Register of Damaged/Destroyed Property (2nd stage of development) (business process logic, database design);
- together with other specialists, develop technical requirements for the Register of Damaged/Destroyed Property (2nd stage of development);
- coordinate work with the project team that will finalize the Register and experts in the fields of construction and real estate accounting;
- provide support to developers in the process of deploying the Registry, testing it, and making changes as necessary;
- maintain project documentation in Confluence/Jira;
- conduct regular meetings with stakeholders to clarify requirements for the information system and make regular presentations to demonstrate the completed stages of the project.
Scope of work and responsibilities of the specialist:
- study of existing business processes for recording the facts of damaged/destroyed property;
- study and understand the legislation governing the recording of damaged/destroyed property;
- development of optimized models and improvement of business processes for the development of the Register of Damaged/Destroyed Property;
- modeling interfaces and concepts of interactive forms of the Register of Damaged/Destroyed Property;
- meetings with stakeholders to clarify requirements for information systems;
- documenting the functionality of the information system, developing technical requirements, tasks and specifications;
- conducting presentations and coordination meetings for stakeholders;
- collecting statistics on the number of damaged/destroyed property and reporting.
Qualification requirements for the specialist:
- more than two (2) years of experience in business process analytics;
- understanding of the software design and development process, formulation of high-level technical requirements for a software product;
- ability to structure elements of information systems and identify technologies and possible software solutions;
- experience in writing technical specifications, requirements and specifications for IT projects;
- knowledge of BPMN 2.0 and UML notations.
Required skills and experience:
- more than two (2) years of experience with Jira and Confluence;
- experience in using interface modeling products (Axure, Figma) is required;
- experience in business process modeling (Cawemo);
- experience in communication with government agencies (clarifying requirements, making presentations);
- knowledge of English will be an advantage;
- knowledge of legislation in the field of administrative services in general and in the field of construction will be an advantage.
Duration of work: up to 6 (six) months
Employment: offline and online. Please note that preference is given to candidates who will be able to work in Kyiv and attend offline meetings, etc.
Applications (resume with relevant work experience and skills, direct contact details, and desired salary level) should be sent by 18:00 on May 16, 2023, to the address: email@example.com with a note “BA_RDDP system”.
Contact information: Yulia Zaplavna, Project Manager, East Europe Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org