East Europe Foundation, within the framework of the USAID/UK aid Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS) project, announces a competition to find a specialist to implement and maintain the IT System of the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property.
The aim of the project is to develop and implement the second and subsequent stages of the geographic information system of the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property (including the user’s electronic cabinet and public electronic portal). This stage is aimed at deploying additional functionalities of the system. The planned objectives of the second stage, covered by this project, are to improve the existing functionalities and introduce new components of the System.
The development of the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property is crucial for collecting, accumulating, recording, processing, storing and protecting information (documents) on damaged and destroyed real estate, spatial coordinates of objects, persons whose real estate is damaged or destroyed, damage and losses incurred as a result of damage to such property, and other information specified in the Procedure for Submitting Information Reports on Damaged and Destroyed Real Estate as a Result of Hostilities, Terrorist Acts, and Sabotage Caused by Military Aggression of the Russian Federation.
The introduction of this System will standardize the processes of collecting, processing and storing information on damaged and destroyed property in a single format and a single-state database. Automation minimizes the human factor in most processes and is expected to have a significant anti-corruption impact.
Position title: Specialist in the implementation and support of the IT system of the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property.
Description of the position of the specialist (functions):
- To provide support to users and administrators of the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property at the stage of implementation of the second and subsequent stages of the system;
- Maintain regular communication with the users of the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property (e-mail, phone, chatbot);
- Hold regular meetings (online calls) with stakeholders to clarify user requirements for information systems and communicate with information system developers;
- Maintain regular logging of incidents;
- Develop training materials, instructions and manuals for system users;
- Conduct training sessions and seminars on the use of the system for all participants in the process of recording destruction and reconstruction (system users).
Scope of work and responsibilities of the specialist:
- To hold regular meetings (online calls) with participants in the process of fixing and assessing losses, providing compensation, clarifying user requirements for the information system (second stage of the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property) and communicating with the developers of the information system;
- Create lists of bugs, suggestions and user requirements, and maintain their respective documentation;
- Maintain regular logging of incidents;
- Consult users and system administrators via e-mail, phone, and chatbot;
- Prepare answers to frequently asked questions of users for uploading to the FAQ section on the portal of the State Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property;
- Prepare training materials, instructions and manuals for users of the system;
- Conduct training sessions and seminars on how to use the system for all system users;
- Participate in the development of test documentation;
- Participate in manual testing of the information system and conduct bug tracking;
- Communicate with all stakeholders involved in the project implementation, including representatives of government agencies, developers, etc.
Qualification requirements for the specialist:
- University degree in IT or engineering (or related field);
- At least one (1) year of experience in technical customer support and software testing;
- Experience with DBMS, in particular with PostgreSQL;
- Understanding of software development and testing processes;
- Understanding of the software design and development process, its implementation;
- Experience in developing and presenting training materials for users;
- Experience in conducting trainings and workshops for users of IT products;
- Ability to structure elements of information systems and identify possible software solutions.
Required skills and experience:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Experience in communication and interaction with users and clients;
- Communication skills and ability to work in a team;
- Ability to train unprepared users;
- Willingness to learn new technologies and products;
- Experience in implementing and using software products, especially in the construction industry, will be a plus;
- Knowledge of English will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of legislation in the field of administrative services will be an advantage.
Duration of work: 6 months.
Employment: offline and online. Please note that preference is given to candidates who will be able to work in Kyiv and attend offline meetings, etc.
Please send your applications (CV with relevant work experience and skills, direct contact details and desired salary level) by 18:00 on March 21, 2023, to the address email@example.com with a note “Specialist in the implementation of the RDDP system”.
Contact information: Yulia Zaplavna, Project Manager at East Europe Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org