Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, EEF Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator is responsible for the provision of accurate, thoroughly researched, and documented information related to program implementation and organizational development of East Europe Foundation. The Coordinator will promote a collaborative approach and will work in close collaboration with the EEF Management, Finance, and Administrative Department, program and project teams, related partners and grantees, field staff to support the successful implementation of the programs, and of EEF’s institutional development goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program and project management:
- Develops the M&E plans for EEF programs and projects and ensures their implementation;
- Supports program and project managers in tracking, reviewing, and reporting the overall progress of EEF program and projects to meet the performance objectives;
- Performs quality control of program and project documentation related to M&E developed by projects, contributes to project reporting;
- Ensures the application of the Results-Based Management and development of a monitoring framework with measurable indicators for all EEF programs and projects;
- Participates and organizes monitoring activities, e.g. surveys, focus groups, interviews;
- Develops\checks\approves SOWs for the M&E related tender announcements (e.g. external evaluations, surveys, opinion polls);
- Prepares data and participates in external program-related evaluations.
EEF organizational development:
- Develops the M&E plan for EEF and ensures its implementation;
- Implements and manages a monitoring system for the EEF portfolio and follow-up on programs and projects portfolio cycle;
- Monitors the implementation of EEF organizational development and program targets;
- Prepares a report on the targets for EEF Board meetings;
- Contributes to EEF Knowledge Management System (KMS) and Learning Management System (LMS) development; in cooperation with EEF KMS Officer promotes learning and knowledge sharing within EEF;
- Documents and makes the case for innovative ideas are built into the design of new approaches for programming\fundraising;
- Participates in the development of new program tools, approaches, and methodologies;
- Develops M&E related documents (e.g. PMEPs, M&E plans) for project proposals;
- Develops innovative solutions and tools for improving M&E processes in EEF organizational development and project implementation;
- Provides inputs to the development of organizational standards for accountability.
- In cooperation with HR staff identifies the need in capacity building and skills development and develops an annual plan for EEF Development Academy;
- Coordinates efforts on implementation of the activities of EEF Development Academy;
- Organizes training for the EEF team and relevant partners on monitoring and controlling project work, contributes to pieces of training on project management, program operational procedures, results-based management;
- Provides coaching and on-the-job-training of program staff on the project development cycle, M&E, Results-Based Management;
- Evaluate the results of EEF Development Academy on an annual basis.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, development studies or related field;
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in providing management advisory services, with hands-on experience in design, monitoring, and evaluation of development projects;
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation, and setting up and managing M&E systems;
- Advanced knowledge of M&E requirements of major donors (e.g. USAID, EU, GIZ, etc.);
- Strong technical skills, including the ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata, MS Access;
- Strong communication skills, with excellent writing skills; a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, local and national governments, and the private sector;
- Experience and good knowledge of the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, PowerPoint, Power BI, Excel, etc.);
- Excellent verbal, facilitation written interpersonal and presentation skills in English, Ukrainian, and Russian;
- Ability to conduct training, coach and mentor, and develop technical capacity for EEF staff and partners;
- Ability to travel nationally.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the M&E Coordinator in the subject line of an email. Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.
Application Deadline: April 20, 2020