East Europe Foundation is happy to announce the winners of the Power Up! Project.
Ten enterprises affected by the war from Sumy, Kharkiv, and Chernihiv regions have been selected. Each of them will receive up to one million hryvnias for the purchase of energy-efficient equipment.
Here are the winners and a brief description of their projects.
1. LLC “Chernihiv Bakery Number 2” with the project “Purchasing Impex Rotor Rotary Convection Oven (Electric)”. The Chernihiv-based company specializes in the production of bread and bakery products, confectionery, cakes and short-life pastries. The company plans to use the grant funds to purchase a rotary convection electric oven, as well as 11 baking trays and two shelving trolleys.
2. Municipal Enterprise “Teplocomunenergo” of the Chernihiv City Council with the project “Restoration of Damaged Thermal Insulation of Boiler Unit Number 2 at the Municipal Energy Generating Enterprise “Chernihiv TPP”. The company specializes in combined heat and power generation. Their annual electricity production is 410.3 GWh, and the amount of heat supplied to consumers is 393,206 Gcal. In total, Teplocomunenergo serves 583 buildings, which is 67,702 people. The grant funds will enable the company to restore the damaged thermal insulation of the boiler unit Number 2 at the Chernihiv TPP.
3. Municipal Enterprise “Nizhyn Water Supply and Sewerage Department” with the Project “Improving the Energy Efficiency of the Chervona Hreblya Pumping Station”. The Nizhyn-based company in Chernihiv region provides water supply and sewage treatment in the city. As part of the project, the company will replace a pump with a frequency converter at the Nizhyn water intake pumping station.
4. PJSC “Kulykivske Milk” with the project “Installing 55 kWh Solar Power Plant to Provide Alternative Energy Supply to Office Building and Warehouse Premises”. PJSC Kulykivske Milk specializes in the production of dairy products: skimmed milk powder, cream and butter; whole milk and whole milk products; and semi-hard and sour-milk cheeses. The company sells its products through its own distribution network and local traders. As part of the grant project, this Kulykivka-village based company plans to install solar PVs.
5. LLC “Krasnokutskyi Agroshlyakhbud” with the project “Improving the Enterprise Energy Efficiency”. The core activity of the grantee is the production of paint and varnish solvents. The company is based in the village of Sontsedarivka, Kharkiv region. The funding will be used to install frequency converters for pump motors; replace air-cooling units with heat exchangers; and, install flue gas heat recovery equipment.
6. Municipal Enterprise Chuhuivteplo with the project “Purchasing and Installing Energy-Saving Equipment: Deaeration Equipment and a Network Pump for Boiler House Number 12”. The company operates 14 boiler houses, two district heating plants and 26.0417 km of heating networks located in Chuhuiv, Kharkiv region. Since the beginning of the full-scale war, most of these boiler houses and heating networks have been damaged. Now the company wants to purchase and install a ROx-700 deaeration unit in one of the boiler houses.
7. LLC “Promhydropryvod” with the project “Solar Power Plant for Own Use”. The company provides design, manufacture, and repair of hydraulic equipment and its individual components. The company’s capabilities allow working with equipment of varying degrees of complexity, both domestically produced and imported. The Kharkiv-based company will use the grant funds to purchase a solar power plant and completely modernize the heating and interior lighting systems.
8. Municipal Enterprise “Miskvodokanal” (City Water Company) of Sumy City Council with the project “Installing Energy-Efficient Pumping Equipment and Modernizing Outdoor Lighting”. Miskvodokanal main activity is to provide water supply and sewage service to the population and enterprises in the city of Sumy. The city with the population of 256.1 thousand inhabitants consumes between 46 to 51 thousand m3 of water per day. Wastewater drainage is carried out by 19 pumping stations using gravity and pressure sewer networks with a total length of 338.592 km, of which 196 km are worn out. Thanks to the grant, the company will install energy-efficient pumping units and outdoor lighting.
9. The Company Agrofirma Severinivska, LLC with the project “Solar power plant for self-consumption”. The enterprise from the Sumy region is engaged in the cultivation of a wide range of agricultural crops, as well as the provision of agricultural machinery and equipment for sowing, harvesting, processing and storage of agricultural crops. As part of the project, the company will purchase and install a solar power plant for self-consumption.
10. The Company Hanse Agri Ukraine, LLC with the project “Solar power plant for ensuring the operation of heat pumps”. The enterprise works in the village of Stepanivka, Sumy region. The main type of activity is wholesale trade in grain, unprocessed tobacco, seeds and animal feed; auxiliary activity in crop production; post-harvest activities; seed processing for reproduction. With the funds received, the company will purchase and install a solar power plant on its enterprise.
Thanks to the energy efficiency measures implemented within the ten projects of the grantees, it is predicted that it will be possible to save more than 3,500 MWh per year.
The Power Up! project is supported by the program Promotion of Energy Efficiency and Implementation of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive in Ukraine implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany and co-financed by the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO).