East Europe Foundation, Kyiv-based international charitable organization, is looking for a Translator for next 12 months.
The successful candidate is able to provide professional Ukrainian to English/English to Ukrainian translation services of materials, including laws, judicial decisions, other public documents and materials related to project activities; proofreading and reviewing materials related to project activities.
- Masters or equivalent degree in English or other relevant discipline;
- Two years of experience as a translator, with experience translating legal texts;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian, and English languages;
- Previous experience with USAID or other international donor-funded projects is preferred;
- Knowledge of Ukrainian legal and political system is preferred;
- Detail-oriented and highly organized;
- Excellent time-management skills;
- Collaborative, team-oriented individual;
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Strong computer skills.
The candidate must be able to provide:
- Translation of documents as needed throughout the entirely of the contract length (11 months). Candidates should list prices as price per A4 page (approximately 1800 – 2000 signs).
- Proofreading services (English). Candidates should list prices as price per word.
- Per Day translation capacity (i.e., maximum number of pages per day). Please provide quotes per word for both regular and immediate translation, if applicable.
- An explanation of processes to ensure high quality of translation (experience/education/ongoing training of translators, proofreading process, guarantee on product, etc.)
Please fill the table with appropriate figures and send back with other requested documents.
|Translation Services Cost Table|
|Service||Unit||Cost per Unit (UAH)||Immediate translation cost per Unit (UAH)|
|Written Translation of documents (English-Ukrainian)||A4 page (approximately 1800 – 2000 signs)|
|Written Translation of documents (Ukrainian-English)||A4 page (approximately 1800 – 2000 signs)|
|Proofreading (English)||A4 page (approximately 1800 – 2000 signs)|
Candidates must submit the following to email@example.com:
- Information about the applicant:
- for individual specialists – a resume indicating qualifications and experience;
- for companies – a scanned signed application a letterhead, which indicates the full name of the applicant or its representative, its location, identification code according to EDRPOU, contact phone numbers, information describing the qualifications of the specialists involved, their experience and the principles of their selection.
- Bids for the above listed services in the cost table should be signed and sent in pdf file.
- Names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references, and approval to contact listed references.
Deadline for submission: August 10, 2021. State Translator in the subject line of an e-mail. No phone inquiries, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about East Europe Foundation, please see www.eef.org.ua.
East Europe Foundation