EEF is a partner of the USAID Public Private Partnerships Development Program (P3DP) implemented by FHI 360. The program offers assistance to the Government of Ukraine in its efforts to develop a favorable legislative environment for public-private partnership (PPP), improve functioning of the responsible government institutions, conducting trainings in partner cities, and providing support at all stages of design and implementation of PPP pilot projects. EEF being a Program partner focuses its activities on providing training seminars and raising awareness about the principles and benefits of PPPs.
In 2014-2015, the following activities were launched in cooperation with the P3DP experts:
• 16 trainings conducted in Dnipropetrovsk, Ivano-Frankivsk, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Kharkiv, Odesa, Zaporizhzhia and Kyiv, with participation of over 200 representatives of local authorities and media. Mass media learned how to write about PPP, and local authorities – how to communicate information about PPP in a correct manner.
• Roundtables held in Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkiv and Odesa, with participation of over 150 representatives of local authorities, communities, business, media, volunteer and charity organizations in order to fine-tune effective cooperation in addressing vital local challenges by using PPP mechanism.
• Infrastructure Expert Center on public-private partnership created. The Center supports the efforts of key stakeholders in creating enabling environment and concentrates its technical expertise on fostering infrastructure and PPP development in Ukraine.
In 2013 EEF and the USAID Public Private Partnership Program
• More than 100 representatives of business, local authorities, NGOs and media participated in five training sessions conducted in Dnipropetrovsk, Ivano-Frankivsk, Vinnytsia, Zhytomyr and Kyiv. This year the program focuses on using the PPP mechanism to implement energy efficiency projects.
• Project partners conducted all necessary preparations to launch the Public-Private Partnerships & Infrastructure Expert Center, which will support the efforts of key stakeholders to create an enabling environment and concentrate the technical expertise necessary to foster infrastructure and PPP development in Ukraine.
In 2012, EEF in cooperation with PPP program experts
• conducted eight training seminars in Lviv, Vinnytsia, Ivano-Frankivsk, Simferopol, Zaporizhya, the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Dnipropetrovsk and Kyiv. Participants, including more than 250 representatives of local municipalities, the private sector, NGOs and the media where taught about PPP and mechanisms of funding them, cooperation between state and private partners, and legislative issues of implementing of PPP in Ukraine.
• Organized a study tour to Saky (AR Crimea) for representatives of local municipalities from AR Crimea, Vinnytsia, Ivano-Frankivsk, Kyiv, Lviv, Ternopil, Pavlohrad, Pershotravensk and Ternivska (Dnipropetrovsk oblast) to share best practices of launching partnerships between business and local authorities in the sphere of waste management.
• EEF conducted a press-tour for 10 representatives of national and local media. Journalists had an opportunity to participate in PPP Day in Yalta where they met more than 300 mayors, international and local experts, learned about the most relevant international experiences and best Ukrainian practices in implementing PPP in different spheres. They also had an opportunity to visit Gagarin Park in Simferopol where local officials presented their ideas on turning the park into modern entertainment center using PPP.