East Europe Foundation within USAID RADA Program is looking for a Translator for next 11 months. USAID RADA Program aims to promote a representative, accountable and independent Parliament – the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
The successful candidate is able to provide professional Ukrainian to English/English to Ukrainian translation services of materials, including laws, judicial decisions, other public documents and materials related to project activities; proofreading and reviewing materials related to project activities.
- Masters or equivalent degree in English or other relevant discipline;
- Two years of experience as a translator, with experience translating legal texts;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian, and English languages;
- Previous experience with USAID or other international donor-funded projects is preferred;
- Knowledge of Ukrainian legal and political system is preferred;
- Detail-oriented and highly organized;
- Excellent time-management skills;
- Collaborative, team-oriented individual;
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Strong computer skills.
The candidate must be able to provide:
- Translation of documents as needed throughout the entirely of the contract length (11 months). Candidates should list prices as price per A4 page (approximately 1800 – 2000 signs).
- Proofreading services (Ukrainian). Candidates should list prices as price per word.
- Per Day translation capacity (i.e. maximum number of pages per day). Please provide quotes per word for both regular and immediate translation, if applicable.
- An explanation of processes to ensure high quality of translation (experience/education/ongoing training of translators, proofreading process, guarantee on product, etc.)
Please fill the table with appropriate figures and send back with other requested documents
|Translation Services Cost Table|
|Service||Unit||Cost per Unit (UAH)||Immediate translation cost per Unit (UAH)|
|Written Translation of documents (English-Ukrainian)||A4 page (approximately 1800 – 2000 signs)|
|Written Translation of documents (Ukrainian-English)||A4 page (approximately 1800 – 2000 signs)|
|Proofreading (Ukrainian)||A4 page (approximately 1800 – 2000 signs)|
Candidates must submit the following to email@example.com:
- General information about the candidate history and experience.
- Bids for the above listed services in the cost table should be signed and sent in pdf file.
- Names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references, and approval to contact listed references.
Deadline for submission: July 19, 2020. State job title in the subject line of an e-mail. No phone inquiries, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
East Europe Foundation