• Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
• Application Deadline: July 29th, 2019
• Job Type: Full-time
East Europe Foundation (EEF) is a Ukrainian charity organization which started working in Ukraine back in 2008. Since then, EEF has channeled approximately $20 million into social and economic community development projects in Ukraine. EEF is headed by an independent Board of Directors and implements economic and social development programs with the support of donors, including the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the European Union, Swiss Confederation, other European Governments, international organizations, foundations, charity organizations, local authorities, Ukrainian and international companies operating in Ukraine. Please visit our web-site page www.eef.org.ua to learn more
E-Governance for Accountability and Participation (EGAP) Program is EEF’s flagship Program intended to apply modern information and communication technologies to help improve the quality of government, cooperation between government and citizens, and promote the development of social innovations in Ukraine. EGAP Program is funded by Swiss Confederation and implemented by East Europe Foundation and InnovaBridge Foundation. The target oblasts of the Program are Vinnytsia, Volyn, Dnipropetrovsk, Luhansk, and Odesa Oblasts.
• Develop and implement EGAP/EEF communications strategy;
• Lead a team of local professionals, and work closely with other key staff to ensure a cohesive communication effort;
• Oversee EEF/EGAP implementing partners communication activities, ensuring compliance with donor branding requirements and advise partners on their communication activities;
• Coordinate communications efforts with other activities related to EGAP/EEF program areas to ensure complementarity and consistency;
• Manage media relations;
• Oversee the production of branded/information materials;
• Plan and organize various media and communicaton events;
• Oversee a budget for communication activities;
• Contribute to annual work plans and to program monitoring, evaluation and reporting, ensure timely and accurate information provided;
• Evaluate effectiveness of communication activities;
• Perform other tasks as envisaged by the annual work plan of the program.
• Master’s degree in communications, journalism, international relations, or a related field;
• Minimum 3 years experience in developing and executing successful strategic communications programs, with a focus on the broad public;
• Prior experience in strategic communications for internationally-funded donor projects preferred;
• Outstanding interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills;
• Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and develop staff;
• Excellent speaking, writing, proofreading, reporting and other communications skills in English and Ukrainian.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Communications Manager in the subject line.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
East Europe Foundation