East Europe Foundation (EEF) is a charity organization, which started working in Ukraine back in 2008. Since then, EEF has channeled approximately $20 million into social and economic community development projects in Ukraine. EEF is headed by an independent Board of Directors and implements economic and social development programs with the support of donors, including the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the European Union, Swiss Confederation, other European Governments, international organizations, foundations, charity organizations, local authorities, Ukrainian and international companies operating in Ukraine. Please visit our website page www.eef.org.ua to learn more
EEF main areas of activities include social development, economic development, effective governance and civil society development, energy efficiency, and environment.
This position reports to the Communications Manager.
Communications Associate works to promote EEF core messages, activities, and image.
• Maintain EEF program’s social media presence (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc), ensure timely updates;
• Coordinate with Communications Manager in implementing EEF communication strategy
• Timely update and maintaining the project’s web site and, when appropriate, contribute to the redesign of the program website;
• Support the design of the program outreach materials (e.g. social media graphics, booklets, leaflets, brochures, annual report) and event-related communications products (e.g. banners, name badges, hand out materials);
• Coordinate work with vendors;
• Support project’s media relation efforts by maintaining media database, drafting press releases and organizing media events;
• Organize public events, conferences, press briefings, round tables, etc.;
• Assist in coordinating communications efforts with EEF partners;
• Assist with short-term budget planning;
• Maintain communication events’ calendars and appointments;
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, international relations, or a related field;
• Minimum two (2) years of experience supporting an effective communications strategy; a focus on engaging government and civil society stakeholders preferred;
• Prior work experience with donor-funded programs strongly preferred;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to details;
• Familiarity with social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) required;
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (e.g., Photoshop, InDesign) preferred;
• Experience with website design and/or maintenance preferred;
• Exceptional writing, research, and communications skills;
• Fluency in English and Ukrainian required;
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Communications Associate” in the subject line by July 31, 2019.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
East Europe Foundation