East Europe Foundation, a Kyiv-based international charitable organization, seeks candidates for the Grants and Contracts Specialist position. The Grants & Contracts Specialist supports the administration of EEF’s grants portfolio as well as short- and long-term contracts under EEF’s programs. Reports to the Senior Finance and Grants Manager.
- Assist the Senior Finance and Grants Manager in the administration of EEF’s grants portfolio;
- Maintain an orderly and complete filing system for all grant and contract files;
- Maintain a grant and contract database;
- Coordinate with the Finance Managers in preparing monthly/quarterly instalment projections;
- Prepare payment requests under the grant agreements;
- Prepare grant and contract reports for EEF and donors, as requested.
- Provide and/or assist in the administration of EEF grants portfolio: conduct pre-award due diligence, budget assessment, prepare the grant agreements, perform reports review, process grants payments and complete the close-out procedures;
- In coordination with Program staff, analyze grant narrative and financial reports to ensure compliance with EEF grantmaking policies and donor requirements;
- Participate in negotiations with grantees, consult and advise on financial reporting and grant management issues;
- Prepare grants payments and enter the information about grant expenses into EEF’s Accounting system;
- Participate in site-visits to grantees to evaluate the project progress and financial
- Draft, review and edit the program-related contracts in coordination with EEF’s Program staff;
- Provide risk management assessment concerning contractual issues;
- Coordinate contract agreements, ensure implementation in line with the agreed schedule, review financial reports where needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management, law, economics, or a related field required, Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in grants and contract administration;
- Proven experience in drafting and negotiating complex contracts/agreements;
- Familiarity with USAID contracts and grants management policies and procedures is desirable, but experience with other donor-funded projects will be accepted;
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills required;
- Demonstrated proficiency with the MS 365 suite of applications, including Excel, a must;
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues, vendors and partners;
- Ukrainian and English writing and spoken proficiency required.
Deadline for submitting the resumes and cover letter: September 21, 2020.
East Europe Foundation