East Europe Foundation in cooperation with the German non-profit organization ChildFund Deutschland e.V. announces the call for applications for the development of the program, aimed at strengthening links between Ukrainian and German civil society and promoting dialogue and understanding in the Ukrainian society.
The competition is held within the project "Promoting pluralism and dialogue in Ukrainian society", which aims to enhance the role of active young members of civil society in developing open, strong, united, democratic and pluralistic society in Ukraine. The project is implemented by Eastern Europe Foundation with the support of the German NGO ChildFund Deutschland e.V. and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Officially registered German and Ukrainian non-profit organizations are invited to submit joint partnership applications. Ukrainian organization must be a lead applicant and submit the application in partnership with a German NGO.
Two ten-day training programs (camps) for 40 young leaders of NGOs aged 18 to 35 years have to be organized within the project. Each training program will be conducted for 20 participants from different regions of Ukraine. The participation of young people with disabilities is welcomed. Trainers from Ukraine and Germany should be invited to conduct the training program. Number of trainers can depend on the project needs, but should not exceed 10 people. Ukrainian and English will be the working languages at the camps.
Key topics of joint German-Ukrainian program:
• Establishing dialogue and understanding in the Ukrainian society (key topic).
• Sharing the German experience of pluralism, democracy and building a dialogue between different social groups and the spread of the ideas through the media.
• Promoting cooperation between youth initiatives and building capacity of youth organizations.
• Youth projects implementation: starting from the project ideas to fundraising, project implementation, dissemination of the results and progress reporting.
• Experience exchange in the development and support of the civil society.
• Strengthening links between civil society of Ukraine and the Federal Republic of Germany.
The projects have to include the following components:
• Development of the training program for the camps.
• Selection of trainers (from Ukraine and Germany).
• Development and printing the training materials.
• Selection of the location for the camps.
• Selection of the participants.
• Providing the logistics (transportation, accommodation of the participants, rent of premises, equipment, etc.).
• Providing reports on project implementation.
The applicants are strongly recommended to submit the draft programs of the camps, suggest the venue, and to provide the information about the trainers.
• A previous experience at the respective topic.
• A clear and detailed concept of the training program.
• Balanced budget.
• A letter of support from the German partner, which should contain the consent to participate in projects and the list of its responsibilities.
Application form (template attached) must be submitted together with the following documents:
1) Draft program of training activities.
2) Detailed project budget.
3) CVs of key project staff and trainers.
4) A letter of support from the German partner.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
If necessary, Ukrainian partner organizations can use the following databases to find the German partner NGOs:
Project implementation period shall not exceed 2 months, including all preparatory work.
The total budget of the project must not exceed 750 000 Ukrainian Hryvnias. The Project Implementing Partners can support the applications with the smaller budget. Expenses for the trainers’ fees and international flights for German trainers will be covered directly by the East Europe Foundation in consultation with the implementing organizations.
The applications will be assessed by an independent expert panel. The winner will be selected till September 15, 2015.
• Within this competition grants will not be provided to commercial organizations, political parties, religious communities and individuals;
• Applicants will be notified on the results of the competition;
• The decision of the expert panel will not be the subject to revision;
• Submitted materials will not be returned.